Introduction : America Nepal Helping Society (ANHS) is a registered non-profit organization, under the US law 501 C (3), based & mostly active in Northern Virginia. It was established on the unique time of Thanksgiving Day on November 27, 2008. As the name itself suggests, ANHS is an American Nepali community based association dedicated in promotion and the preservation of Nepali customs, traditions, culture, religious festivities and language predominantly in DMV (Washington DC, Virginia & Maryland) metropolitan area. The distinctive feature of this organization is that it works for the community, to the community and by the community. So it is obvious that working in accordance with its by-laws, the organization convenes its general assembly in every two years and elects a new executive committee for coming two years, and the process goes on & on.
Besides such activities, ANHS also raises fund and supports for charitable purposes such as natural disasters and the likes. It also provides its helping hands for the community members who get critically sick, and who are in need of any support or backing. Along with all these, ANHS regularly organizes different cultural & religious festivities, and participates in various community activities. The ANHS have unfathomable faith in philanthropy.
The first by-laws of the organization were adopted by executive committee on December 25, 2008. It received federal ID on April 24, 2009. The organization was formally registered in the state of Virginia on November 13, 2013. It received IRS 501 (c) (3) status on October 8, 2014 and sales tax exemption on May 11, 2015.
PURPOSE : America Nepal Helping Society is a non-profit corporation which operates exclusively for educational, language and charitable purposes to promote educational understanding and cultural as well as religious values among Nepalese and Americans, by sponsoring various related projects and events within the meaning of 501 C (3) of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC).
OBJECTIVES : To achieve the purpose described above, the objectives of the organization are :
1. Preserve and promote Nepalese identity, culture, language, social and cultural values, norms and manners;
2. Maintain and operate social, educational, cultural and spiritual programs aimed at promoting in the United States of America;
3. Provide language, culture and spiritual educational programs to the community by running various classes;
4. Build and operate a temple to be a place of worship for the community and to run Nepali educational, religious and spiritual programs;
5. Assist with local economy and environmental development;
6. Help Nepal and US with natural disaster relief.